Asher made me a shirt to wear today and I am wearing it with pride! Here I am outside this morning with the lawn sign I have had up since March!
After work I'm going to take Asher with me to the polls so he can see how democracy works and so we can both tell our children what we did on this historic day.
- 88 years ago women were granted the right to vote
- 53 years ago Rosa Parks refused to move to the back of the bus
- 45 years ago, Martin Luther King Jr. gave his "I Have a Dream" speech
- 43 years ago, discriminatory voting practices were outlawed
- 41 years ago, Interracial Marriage was Legalized. Obama was born when it was still illegal for his parents to marry in some states of the US.
- 40 years ago, MLK was killed for his belief in civil rights for all
- 10 months ago, Josie Bean Lily was born. It is her future!
- 5 months ago Asher & I got interracially married
- 5 weeks ago Hank Cameron was born. It is his future!
- And someday, my (future) kids will be able to say that there was a President who looked like them! And he was an honorable man, worthy of the title.
Love + HOPE,