Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Ten Dollar Drawings

I'm so excited! Months back, I heard about a blog called Ten Dollar Drawings from one of my favorite daily reads, For Me, For You . If you email Alicia, she will draw you anything you would like for $10. It's a 5X7 drawing on the back of a paper bag. And are any of us surprised that she lives in Portland? As Bret said the other day, Portland is the coolest city in the whole world.

Well, I thought and I thought. And I thought it would be great to get some drawings to hang in vintage frames in our new bedroom.


I'm doing my skeleton key display so I went for one with keys. Surprise! Alicia has a skeleton key tattooed on her wrist, which she included in the drawing (I hope she tells me which one it is).
The other I ask for was the Brooklyn Bridge so Asher and I can always remember our lovely Brooklyn. She posted a teaser pic of it today and I can't wait to get them in the mail!
I will put up a picture after they are framed and hung. If you are interested, email her for one of your own (she does A-mazing drawings of bugs, flies, and squirrels too)!

3 comments:

Alice Carrier said...

thanks for the props! here's a crappy picture of my key tattoo the night i got it: http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3220/3116435536_da19e9dd86_o.jpg

on the drawing it's near the top. i'll get them in the mail as soon as possible!

Hank Ewing said...

So awesome, Dev!

Tom/Rhonda said...

Leave it to my darling daughter to find another amazing artist!!!