Friday, June 13, 2008

Sleeping Bodies

Asher did his first fill-in since he came to the West(side). He did it while I was sleeping on Wednesday night. I had no idea he left because I always go to bed first.

Tangent: Even if he falls asleep on the couch and I wake him up to go to bed, he won't go. He considers it as being told to go to bed, like he has a bedtime. Last night, I woke him up to go to bed and he said that now he was completely awake. So I layed in bed trying to sleep. And if he was still awake out there, he spent 45 minutes watching an infomercial for the "Cricket" which is a cool machine but something I can't imagine he is that interested in. But I gave up.
http://www.acherryontop.com/company/cricut/line/cricut_machines_%26_software/87332


Anyway....last night he did another one on a closed up apartment complex. It was boarded up, I'm sure, because of the number of meth-heads that lived there. I think it is cool that he is doing an art-form that I believe in but...I am scared. I don't want anything to happen to him (us).

But the funny thing about all this....he keeps running into bums sleeping in his prime locations. And they kinda scare him with their motionless lumps. I fully agree with him on the scary factor. You think you are alone in the night and then you fash your phone-light and see bodies all around you. Scary! But, I don't really think bums care about graffiti. It is just disconcerting that there are so many people just sleeping out there in the open in the middle of it all.

1 comment:

Cate Subrosa said...

Ever since you commented on my blog earlier today I had a feeling I was going to find you interesting... I'd love to hear more about this!